Mail-In Repair Instructions
I live far away and need you to fix something for me, how does this work?
Please fill out the form, and include your name, ticket number, and return address in the box when you mail your device. Send your device to the address provided below. You will automatically receive a ticket number via text / email after you finish filling out the form. We will call / text you with a diagnostic/estimate before proceeding with the repair, and you do not pay until the service is complete. We will send the invoice to your email to pay with a card or PayPal, once the invoice is paid we will mail your device back.
*Free return shipping if you proceed with the repair. If you do not approve the repair, the device is unfixable, or you are outside of the USA, we will charge for return shipping.
* When you fill out the form, a ticket will be automatically be opened in our system with your info. If you received a ticket number you are ready to mail in your device. Once we open your package we will send you a text/email that we are in the diagnostic process. Please make sure to put the correct return address on the mail-in form.
* If we gave you an estimate beforehand, please include the price in the form.
* For hard drive data recovery, please package your hard drive securely when mailing it to us. We have a class 5 clean room, and a PC3000 data recovery system from Ace Labs. There are only a few companies in the state of New Jersey with these tools. For hard drives you can ignore the information below.
The information below is applicable to mobile device’s.
* We must know your device’s passcode to recover data, and we cannot bypass your iCloud locked iPhone.
* If you have an iPhone 7 Plus and below we can bypass your passcode, please contact us for pricing. If your iPhone is disabled we can only extract your data if it is on iOS 12 and below. If you have an old Android phone we can most likely bypass your code, but please ask us first before mailing it in
* If you have a Newer iPhone / Newer Android, and need to bypass the lock screen code, we can refer you to someone who does forensic data recovery but be prepared to spend $3000 – $5000 to bypass the lock screen to recover your data.
* Liquid damaged devices are only worth recovering data from as other issues may arise from corrosion in the future.
* When we extract your information all of the data will remain on the device. We will make an iTunes backup/Android backup, and then extract the files from the backup in an easy-to-read file structure. You will receive both the raw backup file and the data in file format on a USB stick. We can provide a Google Drive link with your data if the file is small.
644 Newman Springs Road, Suite A, Lincroft NJ 07738
Before mailing something, please fill out the form
Please fill out the form before mailing anything to us. Also, please include a small note in the box with your name and your ticket number on it, this way everything goes smoothly and we know whose device it is when we receive it.
How long does the repair / recovery take?
Repairs and data recoveries currently take 4 – 6 weeks.
What is the difference between a repair and a data recovery?
If we are told a phone/device is in our shop for a repair we can only spend an allocated amount of time on the device. With our no-fix no no-fee policy, we cannot put an extraordinary amount of time into a repair. We will check for common faults, and only repair the device if we can confidently warranty it. If the device has multiple issues or open-ended problems, we will deem the device a no-fix and send it back.
If a device is in our shop for data recovery, it will go straight to a master technician. With data recovery, we leave no stone unturned and we will spend as much time as needed to find the root cause of the issue. Our top priority will be to find a path to extract your data.
If a device has liquid damage, we will only provide data recovery services on the device. Once corrosion sets in from the liquid damage, the integrity of the electronics are compromised. Even if we fix the device, other components can start failing in the future.
How much will my repair cost?
All mail-in repairs are currently a free diagnostic / estimate for a limited time. All repairs are not treated equally, repair costs can vary, and sometime’s we cannot give you an estimate for a repair until the device is diagnosed. You can give us a call at 732-933-7717 during business hours, or leave a website form submission for a tech to get back to you with an estimate as soon as we can.
Data Recovery Prices:
Cell Phone Data Recovery:
Vintage iPhones: $399 – $499
iPhone 6 – SE (2020): $399 – $799
iPhone X – XS Max: $499 – $799
iPhone 11 – 13: $750+
iPhone 14 Series – $900
iPhone 15 Series – $900 – $2000
Samsung Galaxy S1 – S6 / Note 1 – 5: $299 – $499
Samsung Galaxy S7 – S10 / Note 8 – Note 9: $499 – $999
Samsung S20/Note 20 and up: $799 – $999
If your cell phone’s motherboard is cracked/broken in half, or is liquid damaged beyond repair, we will need to transfer the CPU and storage to a new motherboard. This is highly skilled work and takes hours — we need to price this work accordingly.
iPhone CPU Swap: $999 – $1750+
Samsung CPU Swap: $999 – $1750+
Other phones: Please contact us
Solid State Drive Data Recovery: $299 – $1200
Flash Drive Data Recovery: $199 – $799
SD Card Data Recovery: – $199 – $1250
Hard Drive Data Recovery: $299 – $1200 depending on the issue with the drive. We have a Class 5 clean room, and a PC3000 data recovery system from Ace Labs to recover hard drives in house.
MacBook/ Laptop Data Recovery (with soldered SSD) – $399 – $1200